Damages In Lemon Law Claims
Purchasing a “lemon” can impact your finances in many ways. Not only do you incur the cost of that defective vehicle, but you also often face additional costs as you attempt to fix your vehicle and move forward. Thankfully, legal options are available that can help offset the impact that this purchase has had on your life.
At The Law Offices of Natan Davoodi, we understand that having guidance during the legal process can make a significant difference in the outcome of your matter. We are dedicated to helping people in California and throughout the United States seek fair compensation.
What Compensation Might You Receive?
Under California law, damages in a lemon law claim work to put buyers and lessees in the position they were in prior to purchasing or leasing the vehicle. This includes addressing not only the cost of the vehicle itself but also the expenses incurred as the owner or lessee attempted to fix the defect, “undoing” all of the expenses that resulted from the purchase. Compensation can include:
- A replacement vehicle that is as similar as possible to the defective vehicle
- A refund of the purchase price
- Refunds for additional costs related to the purchase of the new vehicle, including sales tax and the cost of license and registration
- Refunds for expenses related to the repair of the car, including towing, repair costs and the cost of renting a vehicle during repairs
- A refund for attorney fees and court costs
While purchasing a lemon can be a nightmare, this compensation can help right the wrongs that buyers and lessees experience.
Contact Our Firm To Explore Your Options For Compensation
A defective vehicle can impact your finances and your life in many different ways. To better understand your legal options and the compensation that may be available to you, reach out to us online or call 310-558-2983 to discuss your case with an experienced attorney.